What is Searchnu Hijacker and How to Remove it
Searchnu is known as a toolbar that hijacks your search and home pages as soon as it gets set up in your PC. It may be infiltrated to your system after installing free software or shareware programs. Searchnu toolbar can be included to any of Internet browsers, such as Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Opera.
Searchnu hijacker will change your unique configurations and after you have it, you may be able to make search queries only using search engine known as Web Search. Moreover, your home page will be changed to searchnu.com. These actions will be taken without your authorization or any of your disturbance.
Searchnu makes your work with PC unpleasant, however it should not contaminate your system with other viruses. Trying to remove it may be difficult enough since the bogus application does not have a regular eliminate routine.
To eliminate Searchnu absolutely and recover seetings you used before please execute a complete system scan using anti-spyware applications. You may also takae further actions:
Remove Searchnu from IE:
- Open IE and go to ‘Tools‘ → ‘Manage Add-ons’.
- Choose ‘Toolbars and Extensions’ and uninstall everything that is related to Searchnu: Searchnu toolbar, UrlHelper Class, etc.
- Choose ‘Search Providers’ → click on search engine that you prefer (e.g. Google, Bing) and make it your default search provider. Also select ‘Web Search’, click ‘Disable suggestions’ to disable it.
- Go ‘Tools’ → ‘Internet Options’ and select ‘General’ tab. Click ‘Use default’ or enter your custom webpage name, like google.com or other instead of searchnu.com. Click ‘OK’ to save the changes.
Remove Searchnu from Mozilla Firefox:
- Open Mozilla Firefox, go ‘Tools’ → ‘Add-ons’.
- Choose ‘Extensions’ → ‘Searchnu’ Toolbar and click ‘Uninstall’.
- Go ‘Tools’ → ‘Options’. Reset the startup homepage or change it to your desired one instead of Searchnu under the ‘General’ tab.
Rremove Searchnu from Google Chrome:
- Click on the icon ‘Customize and control Google Chrome’, select ‘Options’.
- Choose ‘Basic’ Options and change Google Chrome homepage to google.com or any other browser and then click the ‘Manage search engines…’ button.
- Choose ‘Google’ and make it your default search engine.
- Select ‘Web Search’ from the list and remove Searchnu by clicking the “X” mark.